Simonds Catholic College is a busy, vibrant and particularly energetic school community where students are presented with an abundance of opportunities and programs in so many different ways, in our […]
19 Non Teaching
$4,650 (Year 7)
$5,700 (Year 12)
Italian & Japanese
About our school
Situated across two campuses in the heart of Melbourne, Simonds Catholic College is in the unique position of being the only Catholic boys’ school on the doorstep of the CBD. We deliberately limit our class sizes and this translates to increased learning opportunities for our students and big opportunities for your son. Simonds’ close proximity to the inner city means we are able to take advantage of the many excellent cultural and sporting facilities to support and enhance learning. Our teachers are experts in knowing how to reach and teach boys and help them succeed beyond anyone’s expectations – even their own.
Research shows the importance of wider reading in the development of crucial cognitive skills, expanding vocabulary and developing general knowledge. This is why we introduced the Reading Equals Power (REP) program. Our Year 7-9 students read novels of their choice during scheduled sessions and their efforts are celebrated through the presentation of awards for “most improved”, “most books read” and “most quiz points scored”. Our boys’ reading habits have changed dramatically. Reading really does give students power in the classroom and power in life.
Following our acquisition of a multi storey building on Chetwynd st and the completion of refurbishment of existing areas, we are thrilled to announce that Simonds Catholic College will become one school on one campus. by 2023, all students across year 7-12 will be based at our west Melbourne site in the heart of the city.
There will be a major development at Simonds Catholic College in 2022 after the recent purchase of a property adjoining the current St Mary’s 7-9 Campus, that will facilitate all students from Years 7-12 being located on one campus in West Melbourne from midway through 2022. The property is a former educational facility with renovated classrooms, staff work spaces and breakout rooms.
In further exciting news, in 2022 we will enter into a STEM partnership with the University of Melbourne, which will enable students to be timetabled into the STEM Centre of Excellence located at the University of Melbourne for a number of periods each fortnight. Simonds Catholic College’s close proximity to the University of Melbourne provides easy access for students to be involved in this STEM Program.
- St Mary’s 7-9 Campus is 2 blocks from the Queen Vic Market.
- Easily accessible by public transport with tram stops on our doorstep.
- Our boys come from over 40 primary schools.
- Small school where everyone is known.
- The Principal knows every student by name.
- Member of the ACC (Associated Catholic Colleges) offering multiple sporting and extra curricular opportunities.
- Food Technology is our most popular elective.
- Music, Drama, Chess clubs run at lunchtime.
- We share some senior classes with Academy of Mary Immaculate.
- 80% of our Year 10s study a VCE Unit 1 & 2.
More from the school
Resilience is something that comes naturally to many of our boys. There is a strong sense of getting on with the job at hand and focusing on what needs to […]
- Modern Food Technology Area
- Product Design space including a comprehensive and well equipped workshop
- Senior Study Centre
- General Purpose Room
- Special Science Laboratories
- Weights Room
- Music & Drama Room
- Art Room
- St Mary’s Star of the Sea Church, West Melbourne
- St Brigid’s Church, Fitzroy Nort
This table above shows the average student results at this school for the year 2019.
Naplan data is sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au