Resilience is something that comes naturally to many of our boys. There is a strong sense of getting on with the job at hand and focusing on what needs to […]
19 Non Teaching
$4,650 (Year 7)
$5,700 (Year 12)
Italian & Japanese
About our school
Situated in the inner city of Melbourne, Simonds Catholic College is in a unique position of being the only Catholic school for boys on the doorstep of the CBD.
Our teachers are experts in knowing how to reach and teach boys and help them succeed beyond anyone’s expectations—even their own. We deliberately limit our class sizes and this translates to increased learning opportunities for our students and big opportunities for your son.
Research shows the importance of wider reading in the development of crucial cognitive skills, expanding vocabulary and developing general knowledge. This is why we introduced the Reading Equals Power (REP) program. Our Year 7-10 students read novels of their choice during scheduled sessions and their efforts are celebrated through the presentation of awards for “most improved”, “most books read” and “most quiz points scored”. Our boys’ reading habits have changed dramatically. Reading really does give students power in the classroom and power in life.
There will be a major development at Simonds Catholic College in 2022 after the recent purchase of a property adjoining the current St Mary’s 7-9 Campus, that will facilitate all students from Years 7-12 being located on one campus in West Melbourne from midway through 2022. The property is a former educational facility with renovated classrooms, staff work spaces and breakout rooms.
In further exciting news, in 2022 we will enter into a STEM partnership with the University of Melbourne, which will enable students to be timetabled into the STEM Centre of Excellence located at the University of Melbourne for a number of periods each fortnight. Simonds Catholic College’s close proximity to the University of Melbourne provides easy access for students to be involved in this STEM Program.
- Just 2 blocks from Queen Vic Market—one school on one campus from 2023.
- Easily accessible by public transport with tram stops on our doorstep.
- Our boys come from over 40 primary schools.
- Small school, with small class sizes—everyone is known.
- Our Principal knows every student by name.
- Member of ACC, offering multiple sporting and extra curricular opportunities.
- Food Technology is our most popular elective.
- Music, Drama, Chess, Games clubs at lunchtime.
- Year 7 and 8 students have classes at Science Gallery Melbourne.
- 80% of our Year 10s study a VCE subject.
More from the school
The disruption and uncertainty we faced as we navigated through the pandemic gave us the opportunity to reimagine learning. The classroom space became porous as we beamed into each other’s […]
- Modern Food Technology Area
- Product Design space including a comprehensive and well equipped workshop
- Senior Study Centre
- General Purpose Room
- Special Science Laboratories
- Weights Room
- Music & Drama Room
- Art Room
- St Mary’s Star of the Sea Church, West Melbourne
- St Brigid’s Church, Fitzroy Nort
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au