Academy girls accept the certainty of change as the world shifts to multimodal methods — in learning, living, and working. With personal fortitude and integrity, our girls have used their […]
24 Non Teaching
$8,850 (Year 7)
$9,255 (Year 12)
Italian, French & Japanese
About our school
Academy of Mary Immaculate is the oldest girls’ secondary college in Victoria. We educate young women of integrity and purpose with a contemporary outlook grounded in a strong sense of social justice. The Mercy values that shape our school’s daily life sustain our commitment to girls’ education, while our learning environment supports the important role young women will play in the future of Australia and the world.
Beginning with our Year 7 immersion program, each student grows independence and takes responsibility for her learning. The program includes Orientation Day, House sports, Big Sister/Little Sister program and the Year 7 Camp.
From our location beside the Carlton Gardens, we conduct classes in Melbourne’s premiere learning and cultural centres – including the NGV, Melbourne Museum, ACMI, and nearby world-class universities. Our Year 9 cross-curricular program ‘Synergy’ requires students to apply knowledge across all subject areas as they investigate an immersive learning project and produce robust research papers, which they present to the school community.
We match curriculum with extension and support programs and co-curricular subjects to help students pursue personal goals tailored to university, TAFE, apprenticeships, traineeships, and employment.
- Oldest girls secondary school in Victoria est 1857
- First Mercy school established in Victoria
- 24 Scholarship/Guarantee Entry o!ers for 2022
- Academy Dux received a Tuckwell Scholarship to ANU
- Partnering with Business to accelerate STEM Careers
- International Women’s Day – Politics of Science, featuring Alumnae
- Students representing Victoria in Hockey and Beach Volleyball
- Student Debater received top honour in DAV Competitions
- Radical Women Forum: promoting mentorship with trailblazing women
- Year 9 Synergy: cross curricular program focused on Melbourne identity
More from the school
Throughout the past year, Academy of Mary Immaculate students humanised technology to engage each other from a distance and, as a learning community, we have evolved new techniques and methods […]
This table above shows the average student results at this school for the year 2019.
Naplan data is sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 68%
TAFE/VET enrolled 19%