It is difficult to conceive of two years in which there was more dramatic change than in 2020 and 2021. A pandemic, long lockdowns, isolation, no in-class teaching, working and […]
Contact the College (Year 7)
Contact the College (Year 12)
Italian, Japanese, NSW School of Languages
About our school
Just 3km from Sydney’s CBD, our day and boarding school, affectionately known as ‘Schols’, has been educating young women for nearly 150 years. Our spiritual heart lies in seeking Christ through the Good Samaritan, Benedictine charism, breathing life into the College community and creating the warmth you feel when you enter the gates.
Schols is a school that generates the best in all girls, not only those with special talents or ability. The College is down to earth, strives for success and encourages interest in Art, Music and Sport. Our girls are World Champion Dragon Boaters and National Champions in a range of sports.
Schols enjoys partnerships with its near neighbours – University of Sydney, University of Technology and University of NSW. These partnerships and some exciting collaborations promote interest and involvement in STEM subjects, as they demonstrate the diverse careers that have their basis in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Boarders have a strong presence in school life. They are at the heart of the College community and their presence presents a vibrant and inclusive community for girls in Years 7 – 12. In a beautiful and peaceful landscape, boarding at St Scholastica’s provides wonderful opportunities and experiences for girls.
- We offer Stage 6 STEM subjects in partnership with the UTS
- We have a comprehensive enrichment and extension program
- We participate in the IGSA and CGSSSA sport competitions
- We honour the Sisters of the Good Samaritan through Social Justice
- We have a comprehensive reading and writing program across the whole school
- We continue the tradition of educating young women
- As an all-girls school we provide space and opportunities for girls to excel
- We offer accelerated HSC courses in Mathematics and Studies of Religion 2
- Good Samaritan values permeate in all we do
More from the school
In truth, education is constantly being reimagined but there are events that leap frog careful, cautious advance. The COVID pandemic was one such event where education and all of its […]
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au