Between school, co-curricular activities, work and their social life, teens face lots of new experiences and challenges. Being resilient gives them the ability to tackle these head-on, bounce back from […]
91 Non Teaching
$7332 (Year 7)
$8788 (Year 12)
About our school
St Laurence’s College aims to develop men of character who will serve with intelligence, compassion and integrity. For more than 100 years, Lauries has offered an education that broadens perspectives, sharpens minds, strengthens bodies and engages hearts. We are committed to advancing boys’ education in Brisbane and are respected for our innovation, philanthropy and inclusivity. A leader in boys’ education since 1915, our outstanding reputation and commitment to educational excellence in the Edmund Rice tradition is encapsulated in our vast and varied learning and co-curricular programs. At St Laurence’s College, our welcoming environment enables boys to become involved in the College community through the world-renowned music program, extensive sport offerings, academic programs, and House system. With state-of-the-art facilities including our STEM Building, Sports Centre, outdoor education facility, rooftop field overlooking Brisbane City, playing fields and dedicated Primary Precinct, we aim to provide students with a holistic education that builds upon 21st century skills. The Lauries Journey is a pathway our students travel as they develop from a young boy into a gentleman. Every student feels known and valued for being the person that they are. The Lauries Journey stands out above the rest as student pathways are developed, supported, encouraged, successes celebrated and missed opportunities continually built upon. It is a journey tailored to every individual student that equips our young men with the skills necessary to be successful in life and in the workplace of the future.
- Agreed Practice Framework clarifies what and why students are learning, and success.
- Curriculum Council ensures teaching and learning is of the highest level.
- Renewed academic focus improved Gold Awards by over 40%
- Lauries Journey develops character, deepens faith and strengthens self-belief.
- Graduates are confident, capable and compassionate men of faith.
- Associated Independent College’s sporting competition.
- Sport Excellence Program ensures elite athletes achieve academic and sporting potential.
- Over 47% participation in the internationally acclaimed Music program.
- Students benefit from academic Pathways, Arts, Sport and Music Programs and Faith in Action initiatives.
More from the school
2020 offered an important reflection point on the pedagogy philosophy utilised across education globally. At St Laurence’s College, the response to the coronavirus pandemic demonstrated how technology transforms how we […]
- Br Adams Administration Building (Reception and Health Centre)
- Chapel of St Laurence O’Toole
- Br Hogan Building (our Primary Precinct)
- Ian McDonald STEM Building
- Sports Centre and Gym
- ERPAC (Edmund Rice Performing Arts Centre, 1500 seat raked theatre and conference/events spaces)
- McElligott Theatre (240 seat multi-purpose theatre)
- ITAD (Industrial Technology and Design) Centre
- Br Campbell Resource Centre (College Library)
- Gair Field (rooftop full sized oval, cricket nets and tennis courts are housed on Gair Field on campus)
- Runcorn Sporting Fields (located at 18 Nathan Road, Runcorn. These are our very own sporting fields comprising nine full sized sporting fields.)
- Camp Laurence (located on the scenic shores of Lake Moogerah at the base of the Great Dividing Range and in the beautiful Scenic Rim, 90 minutes drive from Brisbane. This is our very own outdoor recreational and educational extension to the College Campus in South Brisbane.)
- Broad range of modern dual-purpose classrooms and teaching spaces in our Archbishop Duhig, Br Brady and our Archbishop O’Donnell Buildings.
- Br Grundy VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) Building – facilities and creative spaces for Music, Media and Visual Arts.
- The Lauries Shop – carries a full range of St Laurence’s College uniforms, stationery and merchandise available to all parents, students and Old Boys.
- The Lauries Canteen – our very own self-service, cashless tuckshop which provides breakfast, morning tea and lunch for students and staff
This table above shows the average student results at this school for the year 2019.
Naplan data is sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 66%
TAFE/VET enrolled 19%