Between school, co-curricular activities, work and their social life, teens face lots of new experiences and challenges. Being resilient gives them the ability to tackle these head-on, bounce back from […]
91 Non Teaching
$7332 (Year 7)
$8788 (Year 12)
About our school
St Laurence’s College aims to develop men of character who will serve with intelligence, compassion and integrity. For more than 100 years, Lauries has offered an education that broadens perspectives, sharpens minds, strengthens bodies and engages hearts.
A leader in boys’ education since 1915, our outstanding reputation and commitment to educational excellence in the Edmund Rice tradition is encapsulated in our vast and varied learning and co-curricular programs. At St Laurence’s College, our welcoming environment enables boys to become involved in the College community through the world- renowned music program, extensive sport offerings, academic programs and House system. With state-of-the-art facilities including our STEM Building, Sports Centre, outdoor education facility, rooftop field overlooking Brisbane City, playing fields and dedicated Primary Precinct, we aim to provide students with a holistic education that builds upon 21st century skills.
Centrally situated in South Brisbane and easily accessible with proximity to all public transport facilities, St Laurence’s College prides itself on the delivery of improved outcomes for all students. Through our investment in staff, excellence, mentoring and facilities, St Laurence’s College provides a rich and dynamic learning environment, tailored to the needs of current students and our future leaders.
- Rich history of College spans over 100 years
- Only Manchester City Football School in Queensland
- Over 900 students involved in Music – largest singular co-curricular offering
- 1,500+ students involved in 13 different sports
- ERPAC is home to Brisbane’s only dedicated 1,500-seat theatre
- Gair Field is a one-of-a-kind rooftop field overlooking Brisbane City
- Numerous co-curricular programs and clubs including Emergency
- Services Cadets and Film & TV Club
- Broad academic and vocational education offerings available
- Runcorn Sporting Fields comprised of nine fields
- The College has an urban farm onsite, despite only being 2km from Brisbane CBD
More from the school
St Laurence’s College has reimagined education to put student learning first. The College’s educational processes are student-centric and allow for students to take control of their own learning journey. Lauries […]
- Br Adams Administration Building (Reception and Health Centre)
- Chapel of St Laurence O’Toole
- Br Hogan Building (our Primary Precinct)
- Ian McDonald STEM Building
- Sports Centre and Gym
- ERPAC (Edmund Rice Performing Arts Centre, 1500 seat raked theatre and conference/events spaces)
- McElligott Theatre (240 seat multi-purpose theatre)
- ITAD (Industrial Technology and Design) Centre
- Br Campbell Resource Centre (College Library)
- Gair Field (rooftop full sized oval, cricket nets and tennis courts are housed on Gair Field on campus)
- Runcorn Sporting Fields (located at 18 Nathan Road, Runcorn. These are our very own sporting fields comprising nine full sized sporting fields.)
- Camp Laurence (located on the scenic shores of Lake Moogerah at the base of the Great Dividing Range and in the beautiful Scenic Rim, 90 minutes drive from Brisbane. This is our very own outdoor recreational and educational extension to the College Campus in South Brisbane.)
- Broad range of modern dual-purpose classrooms and teaching spaces in our Archbishop Duhig, Br Brady and our Archbishop O’Donnell Buildings.
- Br Grundy VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) Building – facilities and creative spaces for Music, Media and Visual Arts.
- The Lauries Shop – carries a full range of St Laurence’s College uniforms, stationery and merchandise available to all parents, students and Old Boys.
- The Lauries Canteen – our very own self-service, cashless tuckshop which provides breakfast, morning tea and lunch for students and staff
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 66%
TAFE/VET enrolled 19%