“We have students here achieving incredible results in high level general subjects who are aiming for university entrance, alongside students in pursuit of trades and other pathways.” Wayne Chapman, Principal. […]
48 Non Teaching
$6,165 (Year 7)
$6,470 (Year 12)
About our school
Mt Maria College Petrie is a Catholic coeducational college for students in Years 7 – 12 in the Marist Tradition. There are approximately 540 students enrolled.
Nestled on four hectares of gardens in the education precinct made up of the University of the Sunshine Coast and Our Lady of the Way Catholic Primary School, the campus provides a beautiful bushland backdrop for teaching and learning.
Our aspirational mantra of ‘High Expectations, Resilience and Perseverance’ is a personal excellence standard that invites students to do their best in a safe, supported and caring environment.
All aspects of College life are driven by the Marist characteristics of presence, simplicity, love of work, family spirit and in the way of Mary. These principles provide a meaningful lens to connect the young people to a deeper understanding of themselves, their purpose and their place in the world.
The College offers a flexible and engaging curriculum to meet the needs of all students for those with tertiary aspirations to those with specific educational needs. Expert teaching staff deliver broad range of programs and cocurricular activities.
Our aim is that each student’s potential is ignited and nurtured so they can be successful at school and in life beyond school.
- Student Leadership Summit
- Early entry to university courses
- Regular homework tutorials
- Cultural immersion trips and programs
- Outreach activities, Breakfast Club and Care to Cook
- Interschool SECA, District and Metropolitan North Sport
- Formula Student program, students build and race a car
- Computer and Film and Media Club
- QDU Debating and Theatre Sports
- Choir and Band
More from the school
As a strong and inclusive Marist community, we recognise that student and parent engagement is vital to successful student outcomes. To achieve this, we remain responsive to the ever-changing needs […]
- Arts/Visual Arts Centres x 2
- Design & Technology Centre
- Food Technology/Hospitality Kitchens x 2
- Resource Centre
- Music Centre
- Science Labs x 2
- Learning Enhancement Centre
- Vocational/Careers Centre
- Counsellor Rooms
- Uniform shop
- Reflection/prayer room
- Basketball, Volleyball, Netball Courts
- Multipurpose Centre (Performing Arts, Sport)
- Commercial Café and Tuckshop
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 4%
TAFE/VET enrolled 28%