Building positive connections, nurturing confidence, and achieving goals are at the heart of resilience. Another uncertain year in 2021 didn’t hinder the Gentlemen of Terrace, whether it was battling with […]
93 Non Teaching
English, French & Japanese
About our school
The Terrace Family has been at the heart of St Joseph’s College, Gregory Terrace for over 145 years. Steeped in rich history and tradition, the Gentlemen of Terrace are shaped by the camaraderie and support formed during their time wearing the red and black.
Operating across four campuses, the main College campus operates at Spring Hill. Terrace also boasts a dedicated Year 9 campus, a state-of-the-art gymnasium, 10 hectares of sporting fields at Tennyson and an Outdoor Education Centre at Maroon Dam.
Terrace strives for excellence in the classroom and is known for celebrating academic achievement. Student performance is tracked from entry to exit through a supportive holistic process. Exceptional learners at Terrace have access to many opportunities, including extension courses, the Future Problem Solving program and the Terrabots robotics program.
An atmosphere of care is provided by the House System and encourages families to build a strong relationship with dedicated Pastoral Care Mentors and House Deans. A highlight for all students is the buddy system, which pairs Senior students with students in Years 5 and 7 to provide further support.
- Learning experiences at our Outdoor Education Centre for every year level
- 18 Rhodes Scholars
- Open classroom program for Senior students during peak study periods
- Extension and support programs for exceptional learners
- Extensive sporting and cultural programs
- Buddy systems for students in Years 5 and 7
- Service ministry programs providing outreach to marginalise communities
- Home to the largest schoolboy rowing facility in the southern hemisphere
More from the school
Terrace looks to provide opportunities for every student to develop and grow throughout his time at the College. Cultivating a commitment to learning is among the most important of our […]
Terrace is the home to both state-of-the-art and historical facilities that reflect the history and the continuing development of the College, the heart of which is our Spring Hill campus. Other facilities include:
- Magnificent playing fields at Tennyson, including the largest schoolboy rowing facility of its type in the southern hemisphere
- Chapel of the Holy Family, a spiritual place for Terrace Family worship, celebration and ceremonies
- Br Buckley Outdoor Education Centre on the shores of Lake Maroon, facilitating camps and retreats
- Waterford Place, a dedicated campus for Year 10 students, including basketball courts and theatre
25 metre indoor pool
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 81%
TAFE/VET enrolled 6%