Nurturing the future leaders of our society is very important work. As a College community, we are focused on strategic planning, the future, problem solving and the pathways we create […]
44 Non Teaching
About our school
St James College is a Catholic coeducational secondary College for years 5 – 12 in the Edmund Rice tradition in operation since 1868.
It is a place where every student is known by name, loved in person, nurtured with care and inspired by hope.
Our motto of Global Learning, Achieving Aspirations is for every student.
The College welcomes students from many faith traditions and encourages strong ecumenical and interfaith understanding.
The student body represents countries from all corners of the globe, allowing students the opportunity to form worldwide friendships.
“We are passionate about seeing all students succeed. By providing a variety of learning pathway options, including a range of subjects, programs, apprenticeships, sport and cultural activities, this supports students to reach for the stars and achieve their dreams.” Ann Rebgetz, Principal.
As a modern inner-city College, programs are tailored to meet the needs of every student in modern facilities with rich and innovative curriculum coupled with remarkable pastoral care.
With sporting excellence programs, particularly in basketball, our teams excel in futsal, soccer, netball, rugby league and rugby union. Our sporting programs focus on developing the individual and their teamwork and collaboration skills.
With an additional campus at Maroon Dam, students engage in personal development camps and outdoor education.
- Broad ATAR subject range, early entry to university courses
- 18 Certificate courses with six at Certificate III level
- Gateway school for manufacturing, health and hospitality
- QDU Debating, World Scholars Cup participation
- College choir, music, creativity and technology-centred
- Jimmies Basketball and sporting excellence programs in a range of sports
- Indigenous, Asian, African and South Pacific Island Cultural Dance Troupes
- Outreach activities, Jimmies Brekky Van
- Cultural immersion trips and programs
- Modern facilities and additional Jimmies on the Dam campus
More from the school
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au