Our motto is Per Vias Rectas (By Right Paths). It is important that young men have a strong set of values that underpin the way they live. We live those […]
83 Non Teaching
$8,030 (Year 7)
$7,730 (Year 12)
Italian & Indonesian
VCE Vocational Major
About our school
St Bede’s College is a Catholic secondary school for boys operating within the Lasallian tradition. Offering a Christian education, the development of young people who find success and fulfilment in the service of others has always been our focus, with St John Baptist de La Salle guiding our direction in faith, service and community.
Founded in 1938, St Bede’s has become a well-known and loved educational institution. In 2021, the College amalgamated with St James College, establishing a second St Bede’s College Campus in Bentleigh East. In 2022, we were honoured to receive CIS International Accreditation, which recognises our commitment to the highest standard of education on a global scale and continual improvement.
It is a key Lasallian value to respond to the needs of others through acts of service and we, as a College, are committed to providing tangible opportunities to put faith into action; assisting in the development of young people to be empathetic, practically helpful, and grow with an awareness of the world beyond ourselves, our family and our school. We are an inclusive community where all students have the right to be safe, valued, challenged and respected. Strong pastoral care links between the student, family and College are a hallmark of our school. For our young people to fully grow, it is essential that everyone they encounter at school has an interest in their development, beyond their capabilities as a student.
Our values and our principles allow us to respect and honour our heritage while looking with imagination and optimism to the future.
- Member of the Council of International Schools
- Students are located at two-Campuses – Mentone and Bentleigh East – with a third Outdoor Education Campus at Phillip Island
- Wellbeing of all students at St Bede’s College is paramount
- High level of engagement in ACC sporting, debating, public speaking, chess and music activities
- Inclusive community, where students have the right to be named and known
- Lasallian education principles – God is our focus, brothers and sisters to all
- Vibrant, active Old Collegians Association and community
- Active Parents and Friends Association
More from the school
We constantly strive to have our students experience an innovative and dynamic learning environment that provides them with the academic and personal skills to flourish in the 21st century. Our […]