The American poet and civil rights activist, Maya Angelou once commented, “every day you should reach out and touch someone.” So it is with Southern Cross Catholic College. We are […]
98 Non Teaching
$6,337 (Year 7)
$6,226 (Year 12)
About our school
At Southern Cross Catholic College (SCCC), we are unwavering in our pursuit. Our pursuit of excellence ensures we constantly challenge ourselves to enable students to find and create their best future. As one college with four campuses on the Redcliffe Peninsula, SCCC provides a unique educational journey for every student. Here your child receives a seamless education from Prep to Year 12 – an education for the whole person where students are provided a broad range of skills to deal with the varied situations and challenges they may encounter throughout their lives. We fulfil our vision by: Thinking differently. We give our students the individual attention and access to programs they need to draw out their unique and natural strengths and to help them shine. Providing opportunity through education. We treat every day as an opportunity to make a positive difference in the world through quality, lifelong learning, a commitment to improvement and continuous innovation. Nurturing open minds. Our outwardly focused Lasallian values mean we are a community that helps ourselves by helping others first. Upholding our beliefs. We are a Catholic College that instils a greater sense of purpose and collective pride within our community. Having high expectations and living by them. We are on a positive and proactive journey of constant improvement, bettering ourselves as we prepare the next generation for their own journey.
- Founded in 1995 when seven Catholic schools in Redcliffe amalgamated
- Four campuses on the Peninsula
- The only Lasallian College in Qld
- Extraordinary alumni including Olympians, politicians, poets, athletes and celebrities
- BCE is the largest employer outside of the Qld government
- 1:1 laptop program Yrs 3-12
- Located overlooking beautiful Moreton Bay
- Resilience and emotional regulation taught from Prep – Year 12
- Pursuit of Excellence programs to encourage and extend
- Our motto ‘Seek the Light’ calls us to seek the light of Christ and learning.
More from the school
21st century youth have unlimited access to the world. The capacity to build resilience and patience has diminished and as a consequence, regulating emotional responses are often limited. Southern Cross […]
This table above shows the average student results at this school for the year 2019.
Naplan data is sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 46%
TAFE/VET enrolled 21%