Building within the boys a resilience to stand up for the care and enrichment of our environment is quintessential. The College has undertaken a number of initiatives to help make […]
116 Non Teaching
Please visit College website (Year 7)
Please visit College website (Year 12)
French & Japanese
About our school
Marist College Ashgrove has been a leader in boys’ education for over 80 years. We provide boys with the finest learning environments to help them achieve their best in the classroom, on the sporting field or on the stage. With rich history and traditions, our boys benefit from a holistic education that encourages spiritual, academic and personal growth.
Marist College Ashgrove is set on a 26-hectare site in Brisbane’s inner north with state-of-the-art facilities across our campus. Our student body is diverse with a combination of 1700 day and boarding students from Years 5 to 12. We are a proud boarding school with students from across Australia and overseas calling Marist College home.
Our boys are educated in the Marist tradition inspiring them to become knowledgeable, creative, thoughtful and morally responsible young men who actively engage as citizens of the world. At Marist College Ashgrove, we understand that we are shaping the lives of the young men in our care seeking to create compassionate and capable leaders of the future.
- Marist College Ashgrove was founded in 1940.
- Our school sits on a 26-hectare site just 7km from the Brisbane CBD.
- Our Boarding House is home to boys from across Australia and overseas.
- There are 16 sporting codes on offer to our boys throughout the year.
- Our NAPLAN results have improved significantly over the past two years, being well above state averages.
- Our Arts Department is recognised nationally for the high calibre of student works produced.
- Students engage in a variety of service opportunities to give back to both local and wider communities.
- 40% of Marist Year 12 students received an ATAR above 90.
More from the school
Following 12 months of planning, consultation and hard work from many members of our community, Marist College Ashgrove is proud to share the vision of our Master Plan. The first […]
- Cyprian Pavilion – a private function space overlooking the stunning McMahon Oval.
Suitable for private functions, sporting presentations, seminars and more.
- Champagnat Centre – a multi-purpose gymnasium suitable sporting activities, conferences
and with a second-level viewing area, large seated performances.
- The Draney Theatre – a 300 seat auditorium with experimental theatre and a large foyer for
entertaining this location is ideal for performances.
- Sporting Precinct – with 8 large fields suitable for a variety of sports, athletics precinct, 2
fullsize indoor basketball/volleyball courts, 5 outdoor multipurpose courts, 13 cricket nets,
rock climbing wall, 6 tennis courts and an Olympic sized 50m heated swimming pool, we
have everything to cater for your next sporting event.
- Accommodation – the College has six boarding houses that can cater for up to 216 guests
during Queensland School Holidays. Each with convenient facilities including recreation
areas, private meeting rooms, kitchen facilities and a large dining room with buffet-style food
- Chapel – Our 300-seat chapel is a place of special significance and is available for weddings
- Classrooms – We have a number of classrooms that are available outside of school hours.
- Catering – The College Chef and his professional team can take care of all your food and
beverage requirements. Should you wish to engage these services our team will work with
you to ensure you make the right choices for your event. A range of pre-existing menu and
service selections are available, alternatively, you can cater the event yourself. More
information can be provided upon request.
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 63%
TAFE/VET enrolled 18%