At Marist College Ashgrove, we offer a highly personalised Catholic education which is both traditional in its values while innovative in its methods, with the aim of supporting students to […]
116 Non Teaching
Please visit College website (Year 7)
Please visit College website (Year 12)
French & Japanese
About our school
Marist College Ashgrove was established in 1940 by the Marist Brothers, and for over 80 years has provided boys an all-inclusive educational environment that is engaging, challenging and empowers young men to achieve their personal best. With a combination of 1,700 day and boarding students from Years 5 to 12, our students are diverse, and come from varying parts of the world to receive a Catholic education in the Marist Tradition and charism. The College is set on a beautiful leafy 26 hectares in Ashgrove – one of Brisbane’s most sought-after blue-chip suburbs, and is only 7 kms from the Brisbane CBD. The College offers an array of high calibre academic subjects, a stellar music program and sporting opportunities and on-site facilities that are among the best in Queensland. Marist College ensures each boy is known and cared for individually ensuring they can achieve their personal excellence in all areas.
- One of the largest boys boarding schools in QLD
- 26-hectare property, 7kms from Brisbane’s CBD
- NAPLAN 2021 results improved by 70%
- Marist charism emphasises being humble, genuinely present to others, giving of one’s self – especially to those most in need and living the gospel through the eyes and heart of Mary
- Nationally recognised music program
- 2021 AIC Track and Field Champions, both Primary and Secondary
- Large sustainability program
- Founded by the Marist Brothers in 1940
- 16 different sporting codes on offer
- Famous Old Boys include former PM Kevin Rudd and sportsman John Eales
More from the school
Building within the boys a resilience to stand up for the care and enrichment of our environment is quintessential. The College has undertaken a number of initiatives to help make […]
- Cyprian Pavilion – a private function space overlooking the stunning McMahon Oval.
Suitable for private functions, sporting presentations, seminars and more.
- Champagnat Centre – a multi-purpose gymnasium suitable sporting activities, conferences
and with a second-level viewing area, large seated performances.
- The Draney Theatre – a 300 seat auditorium with experimental theatre and a large foyer for
entertaining this location is ideal for performances.
- Sporting Precinct – with 8 large fields suitable for a variety of sports, athletics precinct, 2
fullsize indoor basketball/volleyball courts, 5 outdoor multipurpose courts, 13 cricket nets,
rock climbing wall, 6 tennis courts and an Olympic sized 50m heated swimming pool, we
have everything to cater for your next sporting event.
- Accommodation – the College has six boarding houses that can cater for up to 216 guests
during Queensland School Holidays. Each with convenient facilities including recreation
areas, private meeting rooms, kitchen facilities and a large dining room with buffet-style food
- Chapel – Our 300-seat chapel is a place of special significance and is available for weddings
- Classrooms – We have a number of classrooms that are available outside of school hours.
- Catering – The College Chef and his professional team can take care of all your food and
beverage requirements. Should you wish to engage these services our team will work with
you to ensure you make the right choices for your event. A range of pre-existing menu and
service selections are available, alternatively, you can cater the event yourself. More
information can be provided upon request.
This table above shows the average student results at this school for the year 2019.
Naplan data is sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 63%
TAFE/VET enrolled 18%