Whitefriars College acknowledges the right of every student to an education that is directed to the development of the whole person. We value wellbeing for learning and the holistic education […]
64 Non Teaching
$12,570 (Year 7)
$13,990 (Year 12)
Indonesian, Italian & Mandarin
About our school
When the Carmelites decided to build a school for boys in Donvale in 1961, they had a clear vision in mind; that our College identity would be shaped and influenced by our Catholic Carmelite tradition,
founded on the pillars of contemplation, service and community. It is our hope and prayer that
each Whitefriars boy will grow to become a reflective, compassionate, community-minded gentle man in the way of Mary. As you enter our unique bush setting, there is a pervasive sense of calm which flows through into the corridors and classrooms. At Whitefriars, we make time for contemplation. We reflect together, pray together and listen to each other.
Whitefriars values excellence and each student is challenged to achieve his best in all aspects of College life. There is also a time for action, for serving our community, for learning, for discovering new interests and opening doors to new ways of thinking, collaborating and acting, which will prepare our students for the world beyond school. Students are engaged and enjoy learning as they discover new activities and pursuits whilst making life-long friendships.
Whitefriars is an accredited member of the Council of International Schools, a global organisation which challenges schools, through a rigorous review and evaluation process, to deliver an international standard of education. The College is a member of the International Boy’s School Coalition dedicated to enhancing the education, wellbeing and development of boys worldwide. At Whitefriars, we understand that we have a responsibility to promote inclusion and foster respectful relationships.
- Valuing community, contemplation and service.
- Set on over 19 hectares of natural bushland, adjoining the Mullum Mullum Creek.
- House-based Vertical Pastoral Care structure.
- Individually tailored Literacy and Numeracy programs.
- Academic, Sport, Performing Arts, English and Sustainability/Environment clubs.
- Offering a wide range of senior pathways including VCE/VCE vocational major/VET.
- Multi-purpose courts, fitness centre and sports pavilion.
- The Resilience Project partner.
- Council of International Schools accredited.
More from the school
Our curriculum represents the hopes that we hold for our students and our global community. As we emerge from the global pandemic, we are focusing on fostering global citizenship and […]
- Arts Centre/Visual Arts Centre
- Bush Setting (19 Hectares)
- Design & Technology Centre
- International Learning Room
- LOTE Resource Centres x 2
- Performing Arts/Drama Centre
- Religious Education Centre
- Trade & Industry Centre
- Library Resource Centre
- Yr 12 Common Room
- Multi-purpose Areas x 2
- Basketball Courts x 5
- Weights/Circuit Room
- Gymnasiums x 2
- Cricket Nets x 3
- Soccer Pitch
- Careers Centre
- Lecture Theatre
- Counselling Room
- Music Centre
- Science Labs x 7
- Media Suite
- Wireless Site
- IT Labs
- Ovals x 2
- Halls x 2
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au