The essence of community is ingrained into the fabric of the College. When students are facing an obstacle, they have an abundance of people to help them, such as House […]
109 Non Teaching
See on College Website (Year 7)
About our school
St Joseph’s Nudgee College was established in 1891 and is one of the oldest Catholic boys’ boarding schools in Australia. We have a strong culture based upon clear values of courage, excellence, justice, community and authenticity. Students are taught, nurtured and challenged by teachers who strive for the best in all their students.
The holistic education, personal development and wellbeing of each student is a key focus at the College. Nudgee College students are inspired to build a better world for all through spiritual formation programs, community liturgical events, service learning, advocacy and social justice initiatives. The support offered by staff is complemented by the excellent facilities across 136 hectares.
Academically, every student at Nudgee College is catered for through the rich and diverse nature of our subject offerings, learning facilities, learning support department, and vocational education and training program. With a focus on 21st century skills, all boys are inspired and taught to be critical thinkers, problem solvers, to create and innovate and to be able to communicate and collaborate.
- Boarding school for 130 years
- Over 40 academic subjects
- Campus is 136 hectares
- Sporting and cultural co-curricular activities
- Cattle Club on offer
- The Junior School meets specific needs of Year 5 and 6 students
- The Social Justice Programs are a way in which students put the College values into action
- The Performing Arts aims to develop the skills of every type of performer
- Student Formation promotes positive mindset and a resilient outlook
- The Library is a place of learning, inclusion and acceptance with regular clubs
More from the school
St Joseph’s Nudgee College was established in 1891 and is one of the oldest continuing Catholic boys’ boarding schools in Australia. As a leading Catholic school in the Edmund Rice […]
- Boarding facilities and Village – individual rooms, common areas, catering, academic programs, nurses, psychologists, Activities coordinators, plus House Mums and supervisors on campus 24/7
- State of the art Learning Centre, with a library, individual and group study rooms and classrooms
- Sporting Ovals – Ross, Oval, Wilkes Oval, Hendry Oval and The Flats
- Nine-lane synthetic running track and all the Field event facilities
- Five-lane 25m pool and nine-lane 50m pool, with starting blocks at both ends
- Eight tennis courts, plus four courts also marked to be set up and used as basketball courts
- Two indoor courts that can be used for basketball, volleyball, futsal, badminton and European handball
- 12 practice cricket nets located within our Flats facility and another seven near our Tennis Centre. The Flats consists of two turf wickets and five synthetic wickets available for matches.
- Agriculture and Cattle Club facilities
- Bus and Transport Options
This table above shows the average student results at this school for the year 2019.
Naplan data is sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 49%
TAFE/VET enrolled 16%