50 Non Teaching
Please contact the College directly (Year 7)
About our school
St Joseph’s College, a Kildare Education Ministries Catholic Co-Educational Secondary College in the Brigidine tradition, is a dynamic, welcoming and hope-filled school that promotes excellence and equity, so that all students can become confident, creative and critical thinkers.
Steeped in our Catholic and Brigidine heritage, St Joseph’s College has provided quality education and a vibrant community for the families of northern Victoria and southern New South Wales since 1886.In order to meet the growing demand for Catholic education in the region, we will begin transitioning to a multi-campus school in 2023.
Our future orientated programs and facilities advance young people’s gifts and talents by providing an exciting and challenging range of opportunities to develop spiritually, academically, emotionally and socially.
Close links with the local community, businesses and training providers promote an engagement with the world that is both appropriately flexible and enlivening.
We provide a Catholic education that acknowledges and embraces the Brigidine history of the College, and also prepares our students for a contemporary world: one that seeks justice for all.
As a community, we want to strengthen the capacity of all students to become lifelong learners, faithful to the call of Jesus Christ and compassionate contributors. We aim to build strong partnerships between students, staff and families as these relationships are pivotal to the transformational learning experiences we provide.
The commitment and dedication of our staff is exceptional and our students are energised and engaged by their education.
- Named winner of The Age’s 2022 Schools that Excel category for non-government schools in rural and regional Victoria.
- Transitioning to a multi-campus school in 2023.
- Multiple pathways and opportunities for students, including a wide selection of subjects at VCE, VET and VPC.
- Strong culture of Ecological and Social Justice.
- Believe successful education is a partnership between home and school.
- Opportunities to participate in retreats, presentations, guest speakers and specialised programs that foster personal reflection, growth and development.
- Core values of wonder, courage, justice, hope, compassion and hospitality are our hallmarks.
- Vertical pastoral care house system provides students with mentoring, leadership, emotional and spiritual support.
- College motto is ‘Strength and Kindliness’.
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 60%
TAFE/VET enrolled 14%