30 Non Teaching
https://www.mtmaria.qld.edu.au/Enrolment/Pages/CollegeFees.aspx (Year 7)
https://www.mtmaria.qld.edu.au/Enrolment/Pages/CollegeFees.aspx (Year 12)
About our school
Development of the whole person through positive relationships within a family-like environment is the core of Marist education at Mt Maria College.
Our Community welcomes students from various faith backgrounds who are supportive of our mission and values. The College has purpose-built Middle and Senior school learning facilities, which also cater for the growing Arts, Music and Sporting programs at Mt Maria.
Learning at Mt Maria College is centred around:
High expectations of all students and staff
Developing a growth mindset
Learning for life
Experiences that challenge and motivate
As educators of young people we know that every student has many gifts, talents and interests to uncover during their secondary schooling. We believe that participation in a range of co-curricular activities is an important part of the holistic development of the child as well as ensuring each young person develops a sense of belonging. Students who actively participate in co-curricular programs typically experience better academic results and enjoy higher satisfaction with their overall learning and school experience.
The wellbeing and care of our students are fundamental aspects of Marist Catholic education. The College places significant emphasis on our Pastoral Care Program based.
As part of the Marist Schools Australia network, we combine timeless Marist values with exciting innovations in learning for the 21st Century. Our dedicated teachers are committed to preparing this generation of young people for the future.
Parents, students and visitors often comment on the welcoming, caring and inclusive nature of our Mt Maria College community.
While students leave our College with an excellent education, we are just as proud that our students graduate with a broad range of life skills, strong friendships and positive values gained through the many experiences they encounter at our College.
We expect the best of and for our students and support them as they encounter the opportunities and challenges inherent in our contemporary culture.
Our intention is that our students learn, grow, laugh, persist, support each other and work hard to be their personal best – all within our safe College family environment. Faith formation and social justice opportunities are grounded in the Marist Charism – our aim is for Jesus to be known and loved by our students and their families.
At Mt Maria College, we bring faith and learning to life. I look forward to personally welcoming you when you visit.
Book personal tour of the College with Mr Luke Reed by clicking here – https://www.trybooking.com/CEAUO
- Mt Maria College is situated approx 8km Northwest from Brisbane City. Close to Public transport and opposite the Mitchelton train station and Brookside Shopping Centre.
- Pastoral Care – wellbeing and care of our students is a fundamental aspect of our college.
- As part of the Marist Schools Australia network – we combine timeless Marist values with innovative learning. Foundational characteristics of Marist Education are: Presence, Simplicity, Family Spirit, Love of Work and In the Way of Mary.
- Strong Music program making music accessible, achievable and aspiring for excellence for every student
- Sport program with Interhouse Carnivals, inter-school SECA Sport, Representative Sport and District/Regionals/States pathways
- Variety of Co-Curricular activities including College musicals, Art shows, Chess
- The Defence School Mentor Program provides support to secondary students of Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and their families, particularly during their transition into and out of a school on posting or during parental absences due to deployment, exercises or courses.
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
University enrolled: 46%
TAFE/VET enrolled 20%