27 Non Teaching
See website (Year 7)
See website. Our College is founded on the basis that no child will be denied a Catholic education based on financial hardship. Generous fee concessions apply to holders of means-tested concession cards and those with a genuine inability to pay. (Year 12)
About our school
Mount St Bernard College is a Co-educational Catholic Boarding College in the sought after Atherton Tablelands Region, west of Cairns. The college was founded by the Sisters of Mercy over a centenary ago, providing an outpost for quality education in the Far North.
The college has a rich spiritual history underpinned by the values of Mercy. At the college we celebrate the inherent goodness of all people, nurturing dignity and self-worth and treating one another with respect. Mount St Bernard College also celebrates its cultural diversity, catering for learners from all across the country, with careful consideration and sensitivity being given to cultural tradition and custom. Through a holistic and personalised approach, we cater for the needs of all students in our college community, fostering steep learning growth and personal wellbeing. This is enhanced through our conducive class ratios which enable us to be responsive to the needs of all students. Our learners are immersed in quality contemporary teaching practices, providing an engaging learning experience and fostering the development of critical 21st Century skills. MSB Offers an array of Pathway options, from Tertiary entrance through to Industry, and we strive to cater for the interests and aspirations of all learners.
Mount St Bernard College is an open and welcoming educational community, fostering a love of God through commitment to Christian life and Catholic traditions and the promotion of Gospel values. The College respects the diversity of family faith situations, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and is open to all students and families who are supportive of the Christian values promoted by the College. We encourage members of the public to book a tour by phoning the College.
Welcome to Mount St Bernard College, a Catholic co-educational day school and boarding college for Year 7 – 12 students. Our vision is to empower young people to commit to the values of community, mercy, respect, excellence and wisdom.
Thank you for showing interest in our College. By exploring our website, you will experience Mount St Bernard’s vibrant, inclusive and welcoming school community and gain greater insight into our Catholic Identity and Mission, enrolments, curriculum offerings, wellbeing supports, community service, boarding facilities, extra-curricular programs and scholarships. We strive to generate environments, opportunities, support and pathways for every individual student to flourish and thrive – academically, socially, spiritually, emotionally and physically. We celebrate the cultural and religious diversity of our community ensuring authentic connection, understanding and mutual respect.
- Modern, state of the art classrooms
- Day schooling and boarding facilities for girls & boys
- Curriculum for life
- Proud of our Mercy Traditions and faith based education
- Culturally diverse community
- Nurturing academic, spiritual, emotional, and social development
- A caring, safe and supportive environment
- We recognise the individuality of every one of our students
- Quality individual learning and teaching to develop personal giftedness
- Broad curricula activities – sporting, artistic, camps, choir, drama cultural dance
- State of the art classrooms – Trade Training Centre, Art, Music, Computer, Science, Home Ec, Sewing, Library, Agriculture, Chapel, Ovals
- Dining room and Laundry to cater for onsite Residential students
- Residential facilities for students and staff
- Tennis and Basketball courts – Both indoor and Outdoor
- Cricket nets
- Climbing wall
- Mountain Bike track
- Health Centre
- Yarning Circle
- Transition House – Parent and Carer accommodation for family support visits
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au