33 Non Teaching
$16,930 (Year 7)
$20,060 (Year 12)
Italian, French and Chinese
About our school
Loreto College is a leading independent day and boarding school for girls from Early Learning to Year 12. Established in 1905, Loreto College is set on beautiful heritage grounds, located in Marryatville, an inner-eastern suburb of Adelaide.
Being one of seven Australian Loreto Schools united by the vision of Mary Ward, the College prides itself on the development of strong, passionate and confident girls and young women who have the social consciousness to make a difference to our world.
A Loreto education is built from a 400-year-old foundation that articulates the importance of educating girls and young women so that they will actively take a place in society and influence their world through a set of strong values and beliefs. In delivering this view, Loreto College Marryatville provides girls with a well-rounded education where students are presented with a broad range of opportunities and given the support and encouragement needed so that they become confident and engaged learners.
Our students consistently achieve outstanding results, with a median Year 12 ATAR result of 91.4, in an environment that balances academic rigour with a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities. With a focus on student voice and independence, we recognise the need to equip our girls with the knowledge and skills required for their post-school lives.
We concentrate on building leadership and confidence, a strong work ethic, and the ability to take risks in a safe environment. Combined with our diverse specialist staff, we incorporate the latest research and evidence-based practice to meet girls’ academic and wellbeing needs. At Loreto, our girls become the strong, passionate and confident young women of tomorrow.
We invite you to visit Loreto College, take a tour of our school, and meet the students, teachers, and community that make our school one of the top private girls’ schools in Adelaide.
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to Loreto College Marryatville. Loreto College educates strong, passionate, and confident girls and young women.
I am committed to ensuring your child is supported, encouraged and enriched, so she develops the knowledge and skills required to make a difference – not only to her future world, but also to the lives of others.
From Early Learning to the Senior Years, Loreto College is a dynamic and inspiring environment that nurtures and builds confidence in all students. Firmly grounded by our rich past, we are focused on directing the future by providing an outstanding education for your daughter.
As an educator, I am passionate about the development of girls in becoming women of strength, spirit and integrity. With my background and commitment to girls’ education, I believe that a girls’ school environment is the best place for girls to be educated and it is proven through research that in such an environment girls learn to challenge gender stereotypes, develop a confident and articulate voice, develop leadership capacity in all forums, and be comfortable within themselves.
To then do this in a values-based school under the Loreto tradition means that we are developing young women who will not only have the capability to make a difference to their world, but they will do this from an ethical and moral framework.
As a school we are constantly challenging ourselves to be the best that we can be for our students. As such, we work towards two key objectives, to be a future looking school and a school of choice and excellence.
A future looking school:
- Honours the past, builds from the present, and drives towards an ideal future
- Has clear values and beliefs
- Has a positive culture amongst staff, students and parents
- Has a stimulating learning and physical environment
- Is self-reflexive
- Is focused on discovery and renewal
- Embraces changing contexts in order to grow and develop
- Is a leader of best educational practice and uses this to develop others
To be a school of choice and excellence:
- Provides structures and practices to ensure all students flourish
- Sets clear targets and has high standards and expectations
- Researches and undertakes rigorous processes that lead to best practice
- Uses data and evidence to set a path for improvement
- Invests in developing staff through strategic professional development
- Embraces all partners within its community
- Has facilities and infrastructure that support educational objectives
- Has clear and effective governance.
There truly can be no better foundation to educate girls and young women.
Dr Nicole Archard (Principal)
BA DipEd, MA, MEdLead, MTheoISt, PhD
- Art Centre
- Boarding Precinct
- Commercial Kitchens for Food Design & Technology
- Early Learning Centre and nature playground
- Green spaces, including indigenous and heritage gardens
- Junior and Senior School Libraries
- Senior Information Resource Centre
- Junior School Multi-Media Lab and STEM Lab
- Lecture and theatre spaces
- Music Centre
- Outdoor Learning Areas
- Performing Arts Centre, including professional theatre
- Science Laboratories
- Senior School Tinkering Room
- Tennis Courts
- Textiles Lab
- The heritage Acacias House
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au