99 Non Teaching
See Fees and Charges on College website (Primary)
See Fees and Charges on College website (Secondary)
Italian & Japanese
About our school
John XXIII College is an inclusive contemporary Catholic College where students grow to become people for others. Intellectual maturity, integrity and spiritual growth characterise the way our students look at the world. We prepare our graduates to be people of competence, conscience and compassion committed to God and the service of others.
At John XXIII College every student benefits from our deep commitment to the growth of the whole child. Our extensive co-curricular programs fire young imaginations and advance the development of every child.
Our College is a leading co-educational school in Mount Claremont. Our university inspired campus set on expansive grounds is home to students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.
It is very exciting to be leading John XXIII College at this time and a privilege to be entrusted with the education of students who pursue excellence for themselves, their peers and their community.
Ours is a Catholic, independent, co-educational school built on the Ignatian ethos of nurturing the whole child: a great mind and a good heart.
Balancing the academic and the spiritual helps us develop well-rounded young people, dedicated to God and the service of others.
Our talented teaching staff inspire our students to consistently strive for academic excellence. As a values-driven school, though, our curriculum design is not limited to simply gaining a high ATAR. Rather, our College prepares students for the challenges of life: as each graduate flourishes in their own way, they do so with the compassion and confidence instilled in them.
We believe our co-educational model prepares our graduates to thrive wherever life takes them. They are more at ease in tertiary education environments and in professional work spaces: ready to contribute and develop rewarding relationships.
I am proud to say that our alumni consistently live out the College’s motto, seeking justice in all aspects of their lives, with many remaining in touch as part of our vibrant alumni community.
The College’s campus in leafy Mount Claremont is a beautiful, welcoming place, and we are blessed with excellent facilities designed to ignite our students’ passions, from science to art, from music to sport. Every year, we marvel at our students’ achievements.
As part of our continuous improvement, recent capital works have substantially upgraded the College to create world-class learning spaces like our innovative new library. As always, our focus is providing the best possible environment for our students to thrive.
You will, I hope, come and see our College for yourself by taking a personalised tour, attending our Open Day or meeting with me or another senior staff member.
I encourage you to experience for yourself the spirit of this wonderful College and community.
- John XXIII College is a leading co-educational Catholic school in Mount Claremont. Our university inspired campus set on expansive grounds is home to students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12.
- John XXIII College is an inclusive community that shares, celebrates, and serves with compassion.
- John XXIII College follows the Ignatian educational idea of ‘striving for the more’. Every student is challenged and supported to push for academic and personal excellence, so they can make an impact on society.
- Integrity, intellect and personal faith are the heartbeat of our contemporary College.
- John XXIII College is really committed to the growth of the whole child. We have a lot of Co-curricular programs designed to inspire young imaginations and accelerate their development.
- The College motto is ‘Seek Justice’. The justice we seek is the needs of everyone be met through correct relationships, good decisions and the responsible use of resources.
- We provide a caring and pastoral school community environment in which parents and staff support each other to nurture students’ development. We stimulate enjoyment in learning as well as developing respect, resilience and service.
- Co-education provides a comfortable environment where students can learn and grow. Gender is a core element of our identity and the formative years of childhood and adolescence are the right time to establish respectful, collaborative patterns of understanding and behaviour.
- The College has an excellent reputation for academic and co-curricular achievements and is committed to the pursuit of excellence. Our curriculum caters for every individual with a wide range of academic, vocational, sporting and cultural pursuits, ensuring every student can excel.
- John XXIII College was founded on the Ignatian values of the Loreto and Jesuit traditions, and we live those values every day.
- Loreto Performing Arts Centre
- St Louis Sports Centre
- Materials and Technology Centre
- Library Ignatian Centre
- Mary Ward Primary & Secondary
- Café and Commercial Kitchen
- Roncalli Hall
- Gonzaga Barry Lecture Theatre
- Thomas More Exhibition Centre
- Year 7 – Transition Area
- Junior Primary Oval
- Early Learning Centre
- Swimming Pool
2021 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2021. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au
2022 NAPLAN Results
This table above shows the average student results for the year 2022. Data sourced from: https://www.myschool.edu.au